United Methodist Church of Alanson, Michigan
A Thousand Tongues
History of Alanson
History of Alanson United Methodist Church
The United Methodist Church of Alanson was founded in 1889. In the 1940s, the congregation joined with the then-Presbyterian Church, moving into the latter's building where it continues to worship. This building is over 125 years old this year, and while the original church remains intact, an addition and improvements to the building have been made over the years, resulting in a beautiful worship area, plus a full kitchen and hall area (available for a donation for parties), as well as two bathrooms. Access to the church is handicap accessible. The average worship attendance is 46. Services are given in English.
Many members of the church have experienced and shared many of their life's highs and lows with the church. We support our members and their families and friends, and we have a prayer call chain when times of extra prayers and support are needed by anyone.
Donations of non-perishable foods and paper products to benefit the Nehemiah Project Hospitality House (a homeless shelter), located in Petoskey, Michigan, are collected and delivered by church members. Please feel free to occasionally bring items to drop in the box when you come to worship.
The Alanson United Methodist Church is part of the West Michigan Conference, and information about the Conference can be found at
Additional information about the United Methodist Church and its principles can also be found at
Also, feel free to visit the Harbor Springs United Methodist Church website at
to see what's taking place at our sister church.
Create a free website